Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Coming together little by little.






Sorry it has been a while, we have been sort of hectic at work, so i have run out of time...Anyway - our hummocks of sand have been smoothed, and Rory has compacted them. We have had the required compaction tests done, and right now we have footings dug, but as yet, no cement. The weather has been a little wet of late, and while we do need the rain, it has "put a damper" on the concrete pour. Although you can pour in the rain, it is not really advised, so I think Nino (the cementing contractor) has decided to wait. I guess we will have a look see tonight!!
I have unfortunately found one cracked limestone block - right at the front corner, and there is a crack runningthrough the two courses of block as well. This is a bit of a pain, but Stuie will be fixing it this weekend. We spent last weekend on the block, and Kate worked very hard laying the weed matting over the plants on the border. I was unable to help 'cos i had a flyfishing AGM to go to. I did a bit, but Kate did the lion's share. Friends of our popped over in the afternoon, and proved to be a welcome diversion. I managed to install a second tap so we do not have to fight the builders for water!! Anyway - I will have more soon. There will be a few updated photo's around here somewhere - so enjoy!!
Cheers everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment