Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Long time no blog



Sorry about the wait.. it has been a little fraught over here.. but we have news!!
I came home two weeks ago, and sauntered over to the block, and found a huge trench from the block to the sewage main that runs along the back of the block. Well it was open to the skies and I hatched a cunning plan. I left my business card taped to the steering wheel of the backhoe that was on site and asked that the driver give me a shout when he got on site the following morning.Well the following morning I got a call from an Irish lad, who said he was the guys connecting up the sewage pipe, and I confidently asked him if he would like to do a cashie for me.... Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather when he said "Nope". I asked what type of tradesman wouldn't do a cashie, and he said "a sixty two year old one!". Well that made things a bit difficult 'cos I wanted to run a piece of pipe in his trench that will allow me to run water and electricity to my shed. He said that he would keep the trench open until four o'clock in the afternoon, and if I wanted to put something in the trench then so be it.
Well, I asked my boss if I could have the arvo off, and luckily he said okay. I had a word with a plumber mate of mine and shot out and bought some 110 mm sewer pipe, and some water pipe and got stuck in. One of my mates, Phil (not pommie Phil, but aussie Phil) had some time off, and was more than happy to stop painting his house and give me a hand.. Just as well he did 'cos I would never had finished without him. THANK YOU PHIL.
Anyway - we ran the sewer pipe, and pushed the water pipe through it with two draw lines for future use. The sewer guy also put in a further connection for me in the bottom corner so that if I have a need for it I can put some drains in my shed.
See you all soon. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment